Thursday, September 10, 2009

Labor Day

Last year we went camping during the summer up on Mt. Graham. We had my sister's camper and it was quite comfortable!! We had a great time - except for Derrick constantly trying to take a running leap from the side of the mountain. Every two minutes it was was "Where is Derrick? There he is, go grab him!" If we'd had a leash for him we would have happily used it. I was ready to make that our last camping trip ever. It was just too stressful having to keep such a close eye on Derrick. This year we decided to give it another try. Derrick is a little older and so much better at staying with us. We went up to Luna, NM. It's about a five hour drive for us but worth every minute of it. (By the way, it's about five hours from the valley as well.) It's beautiful and we had a great time. We took our ATV which really makes for a fun trip! We have no pictures of the trip at all. Chris gave Dana the camera to put in the van. I put the video camera in the van. When we got up there, the video camera was dead and Dana couldn't remember where she put the camera and we didn't find it until we got home. It was in the van the whole time. Very frustrating. We had a great time though and are definitely going camping there again.

2 comments:

Erin A said...

Wow! You've been busy. I really enjoy camping. It's the getting there and unpacking afterwards that I don't like. So if we go camping I like to stay at least 2 nights so I can feel like it was worth the preparation.

I'll have to check out the place in NM. Thanks!

Monique said...

Bummer about the camera! At least you made great memories!