So we did really well with keeping up with school for about four days. Then, not so much. Chris found out the middle of last week that he was going to be out of town for this whole week and then the following week too (coming home weekends only). So much for planning a slow move over the whole month. We fast tracked our move to get as much done last weekend before Chris was out of town. (You may remember that he went out of town right after our last move too). Chris had to work long days the whole week before he went out of town as well, so there was no a lot we could do during the week. We ended up getting most of it done, but to do that I had to spend all day last Friday moving, completely neglecting my learning coach duties. Friday Emma did no school. The three older kids got most of their stuff done.
Not a big deal to get a little behind. However, Monday Calvin had a doctor appointment in Phoenix. So I tried to plan ahead and printed off all of their lessons and brought all their books so they could get school done in the car. Didn't really work out. I couldn't help them since I was driving. So that hour or so that I spent trying to find all their books and print off all their lessons - wasted. If you're keeping track, Emma is now two full days behind and everybody is one full day behind. Emma still isn't completely caught up and neither is Dana. Calvin and Bradley managed to get all caught up today.
So I've been working really hard to get the kids all caught up on school. I've done next to nothing on unpacking/organizing. The chaos in the house is slowly spreading. I have no idea where to put things. I think I'm a perfectionist and it's getting in the way of my ability to put things away. I have to analyze each item and think of the best place for each item. Where will this item be used? Store it near where it's used. Where will the kids be able to put it away? Where will the kids not be able to reach this item? Where will this item fit? etc. All really good things to consider. But if I'm considering all that about the can opener or the silverware or the everything... you get the picture. Nothing is getting put away and everything is in the way. Really I need to just put things where they are not in the way for now. I spend a good portion of my day finding items the kids need to accomplish their lessons for school. You're probably thinking, why are you blogging about this when you should be organizing something? You have a very valid point. I'm too tired. Why am I not sleeping? I'm not tired enough to fall asleep without Chris. Remember, he's on a business trip.
1 comment:
The putting away thing: You know that if you just put it somewhere now to get it out of the way it will stay there indefinitely.
The school thing: Ugh. I'm sure you're doing great and even though you are behind, you are still far ahead of everyone else!
The sleeping thing: I HATE sleeping when my husband is gone! I stay up as late as I possibly can until I literally can't keep my eyes open. I'd be a zombie if he was out of town more than a few days a time!
Post a Comment