Sunday, September 12, 2010
First Football Games
Bradley and Dana both had their first football games yesterday. The games were scheduled four hours apart so it wasn't a problem to make it to both even though Chris was unavailable. Dana, Emma, and Derrick came to watch Bradley's game. Calvin wanted to stay home. We dropped Bradley off for his game and then went to Walmart and bought huge umbrellas. We would have baked under the sun without them and they made the whole ordeal tolerable. Sorry, I'm just not much of a football fan. Bradley won his game and then we hurried home, Dana and I changed (I can't go to a Dana's game wearing Bradley's team shirt), and we hurried off to her game. Luckily a friend of mine watched Emma and Derrick for me. Again, Calvin wanted to stay home and I left Bradley home to get some school work done. So I was at Dana's game all by my lonesome. Rather nice. We were the away team for that game and it was late afternoon which put the sun right in my eyes. But I had the giant umbrella so I just positioned it down to block the sun. It also blocked the game that way. Like I said, not much of a football fan. I read a new cookbook I bought recently. I also fell asleep briefly. Aside from the sweltering heat (ok it was only about 88 degrees) it was a rather pleasant afternoon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Giant umbrella!!! Great idea!
Post a Comment