Derrick: Mom, can we get a dog?
Me: No sweetie, we can't get a dog right now.
Derrick: Well, can we get a wooshoo?
Me: A what?
Derrick: A wooshoo.
Me: What? I don't understand what you're saying.
Derrick: A woooooshooooo.
Me: Uhhh...what's a wooshoo?
Derrick: You know, it's kind of a dragon puppy and it spits fire.
Me: A dragon puppy?
Derrick: Yeah, it spits fire. So can we get one?
Me: Uhhh....
Derrick: We'll have to train it to not kill the cats.
Me: Uhhh....
From here the conversation between Emma and Derrick went on for quite some time about how to train it to not cook the cats and they could take it around and find things for it to burn up. Apparently since I said no to the dog, Derrick thought I might be open to the idea of a wooshoo. A few minutes later, he again asks, "so, can we get one?"
3 comments:
hahaha!! that's awesome! if you find out where to get one, let me know! ;)
He's just smarter than you think, now a dog's looking pretty good, huh?
Yeah, maybe he is trying to use reverse phsychology. I seriously laughed out loud. It reminds me of so many conversations I have had with my kids over the years!
Post a Comment