Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Not so busy...

Not because there isn't anything to do. Oh no, there's lots to do. We've all been sick - again. All the kids have taken turns staying home from school and church. The little ones sound like they're going to cough up a lung. And the mild fevers seem to never end. I missed my college roommate's wedding reception - I was really looking forward to seeing a bunch of old friends that I hadn't seen in years. Total bummer.

I think I would rather have one to two days of really being sick than two weeks of come and go mild fever. Get it over with and move on instead of lingering and feeling just bad enough that nothing gets done but not bad enough to feel justified in doing nothing.

This morning the little ones seemed to be feeling better finally so I took them to the mall to get a little shopping done. Bad idea. Halfway through they started coughing and my mild headache/fever came back. We weren't ready for an outing. We were sick and tired of being sick and tired and so wanted to get out of the house. But it was just a little too early.

I did find really cute Easter skirts for Dana and Emma. They will actually match this year. The dress selection in this town really leaves something to be desired. There are not very many choices. It's nearly impossible to find matching clothes for those two. Dana is in the older girls range and Emma is still in the little girl range. The mall here doesn't have any stores that cater to girls/children's clothing. It's very disappointing, but not worth driving to Tucson for. If I had planned a little bit earlier I could've ordered something cute online. But I didn't.

Anyways, I think I'm done rambling for the evening.

4 comments:

Some Kind of Crazy said...

Sorry to hear about being sick! I think that I'd rather be good and sick for 2 days too--until I actually am and then I'd rather have a mild sick for a week!

My oldest girl refuses to wear anything even remotely "matching" with her little sister. A couple weeks ago she even went and changed after her little sister got ready for church because they were too close. Agh!

My mom never got us easter dresses on principal. I was raised scorning the idea. Now I just don't say anything and I don't think my girls know about easter dresses. Such challenges! (:

laurie said...

I always loved having matching easter dresses. My mom used to make them, but then they got big! It's hard to find anything long or with sleeves is what I find. I think it's a fun tradition and a good excuse to have a new dress! Sorry you have all been sick..very stinky.

OneCrazyFamily said...

Sorry about the sickness...Our kids too... and really crappy we are going to Durango for spring break on Sat..oh well

Good luck on the dresses, all my children get to match until they can pay for their own clothes :0..I know, I know I am a great mom ;)

Jake and Jenny said...

Hope you are all on the mend soon, it is such a bummer to miss fun things when you are sick.