I hadn't realized how long it's been since my last post.
Quick summary - we all got well. We went to a wedding in Phoenix - beautiful. Spent a few days in a cabin in Pine - lovely. Came home and finished unpacking boxes and organizing toys and clothes. Boys outgrew their clothing, again. Calvin went on a camp out on the army base here, it was a Camporee with other boy scout troops. One of the other troops started a wildfire - burned 6 acres. Bradley is excited to be signed up for Football in the fall - it will be really good for him. Dana wants to sign up for cheer leading and I'm really having mixed feelings about it. Emma is pure sweetness and has discovered the crayola cutter. Derrick is like lemonade - super sweet with a tartness. Derrick doesn't understand why I want his toys to be put away at night. Bradley doesn't understand why he has to help pick up the toys that he didn't play with. I simply remind him that I do all his laundry while I certainly didn't dirty the clothes. Calvin just had surgery on his ankles - went really well. He's enjoying staying home and getting so much unshared time on the video games. Lest you think I'm letting his brain turn to mush, he is keeping up on his school work and I do require equal time of reading for video game time.
Funny thing Derrick said the other day - Chris brought a friend to church last Sunday. His name is Paul and he shaves his head. Derrick asked Chris if Paul had hair and Chris told him to ask Paul. Derrick slowly climbs right up next to his face and whispers "do you have hair?"
It snowed this morning. I know - late April. That global warming thing is gonna freeze us all out before long. I'm a little concerned about the garden. We had some nice tomato and strawberry plants out there. The pepper plants were not looking so great before the snow, so we'll have to see what survived out there. Derrick comes into our bedroom this morning and says he can't find his socks. I tell him to look on the couch and fall back asleep - this was at 5:00 AM. Then he comes in and asks where his snow gloves are. That caught my attention. I asked if there's snow outside and Derrick's excitement is heard in his response. I thoroughly disappoint him by telling him it's too early to go out and play in the snow. With the snow I am feeling totally justified in turning the heat back on yesterday. I hope some of the apricots make it.
3 comments:
Glad to hear from you again! Sounds like you guys have been busy. I'm glad that Calvin is doing well.
I just assumed you had ditched the blogging thing like so many others. Glad you didn't!
Snow! In April! Hello! I know you are busy thanks for the update:)
Post a Comment