Me: Derrick, go downstairs and brush your teeth.
Derrick: I don't want to go downstairs, that's not my bathroom.
Me: Yes it is, it's the kids bathroom. Go brush your teeth.
Derrick: I'm not a kid.
Me: (Pause) What are you?
Derrick: I'm a little boy.
Me: Go ask Dad if you're a kid.
Derrick then asks Chris if he's a kid and Chris (having not heard my conversation with Derrick) says, "No, you're a monkey." Now tell me that's not confusing for a little guy.
Emma is now old enough to not need a car seat. She and Derrick are almost the same size. Derrick has started telling me that he's big and he doesn't need a car seat either. He's not buying my reasoning that he's still younger than her. He's about half an inch shorter and weighs the same. To him, they're the same size and if she's big enough to not need a car seat, so is he.
We took the kids to Kartchner Caverns today. It's a really neat tour and the kids always enjoy it. During the tour Derrick tells me he's too little for something and I ask him, "You're little? I thought you were a big boy." He replies, "I'm a little bit little."
No comments:
Post a Comment