Today was a great day. The kids were all well fed with rather nutritious food. No one was seriously injured. All required bathing took place. We made it to most of our scheduled events. The events that were missed were not really necessary anyway. Two of the kids are completely up to date with school. One of the children is only a day behind in school. And the other child is a week and a half ahead in one subject, a day behind in the rest. How exactly do you classify that? I even took the kids to the park and had a picnic dinner. Have I done any cleaning? No. Are there piles of paperwork that are waiting to be attended/filed/paid? Yes. Are my expectations for a successful day are too low? Quite possibly. Oh well. I still feel quite accomplished for the day.
Random thought - it is amazing how little motivation I have to load the dishwasher when it doesn't do a very good job. I have less motivation to have the kids load the dishes because if they're not loaded just right, they come out terrible.
I have managed to sort out most of the toys. I have a rather large donation box and have thrown away a full garbage bag. Did that two days ago. I still have yet to figure out where to put the toys that made the cut. Perhaps I need to sort again and cut deeper. Goal for tomorrow, find a place for the toys. Spread out in boxes and bins on the living room floor is unacceptable.
Another goal for tomorrow, hang the pictures. And then if there's time sort out the books and knickknacks.
3 comments:
and here goes another wonderful day! I find that if I place my expectations of my day waaaaaay low and I get more done then it's a surprise and I pat myself on the back :)
Loves to ya
i just read about 4 posts. i find that i really have to prioritize in order to get the things around the house done AND the kids taken care of. especially now that we are home schooling too. and i should be doing that right now, but mondays are always a slow start. it sounds to me like you are taking care of the most important things. so the rest will fall into place. ♥
I always say "aim low!" Some days are productive with work and others with family, rarely do they both happen in the same day.
Post a Comment