A friend told me yesterday about a traveling children's theater group that was coming to town this week. Auditions were today. We all thought Dana would enjoy doing it and I wanted to get her to the audition. They were this morning at 9:00. The problem was that Calvin had a doctor's appointment in Tucson at 9:45. No way for me to make it to both. Lucky for me Chris had the morning off. Dana and Bradley have swim lessons from 8:30 to 9:00 so it was going to be tight. I really thought Dana would like to do it and I thought Bradley would do it but not be excited about it. I was wrong. My friends who were able to be there said that Dana really clammed up and acted like she didn't want to do it but that Bradley was a real ham on stage. Bradley got one of the main roles. I'm so proud of him. I talked to Dana about it and she said there were too many people there that she didn't know and that she didn't want to do it. Oh well, maybe she doesn't enjoy the spotlight as much as we thought.
I had to take Emma and Derrick with me to Calvin's doctor appointment. I was again reminded of the issues I have when taking Calvin and Derrick out together somewhere. It doesn't seem to matter where we go, there are issues with those two. Derrick wants to run around and I'm ok with him doing it a little, but then Calvin gets involved trying to stop Derrick and then Derrick thinks it's a game and runs farther and so on and so forth. Calvin is trying to help but is really causing problems. Derrick is fine if Calvin will leave him alone. It's so frustrating.
3 comments:
Congratulations to Bradley! Isn't it funny how our kids surprise us like that sometimes?! I hope he has a great time!
Wow! I like the kind of surprises when you learn something fun that you didn't know about one of your children.
They are much better than the surprises like when a member of the primary presidency happens to mention what a problem a certain child of mine is.
My two sons have the same issues with the older one trying to "help," but really causing more trouble.
Yeah for Bradley, I loved having him in primary!
Post a Comment