Ever since we moved into this new house I've had a vision of what the laundry room should look like. I have not achieved it yet. My vision is nicely organized and everything is in a convenient location. My washer and dryer also need to be stacked in order to achieve my vision. They have been on pedestals since we bought them five years ago and I've always liked them that way. However in this house I think the laundry room will be much better organized if the washer and dryer are stacked. Chris agreed to help me set it up last night. To say the washer was heavy would be a huge understatement. In order to get the pedestal off, you have to lay the washer on it's side. Not easy when the washer weighs like a ton. We finally got it off and got the washer back upright. We pull the dryer out and that's when we notice that my vision of stacking the washer and dryer is not going to happen - at least not that night. The plug for the dryer is in the far lower corner from where they will be when stacked. It's a good six feet from the outlet in the wall to the back of the dryer where the cord comes out. The cord on the dryer is about three feet long. It will never reach. I need to get a new dryer cord in order to get them stacked. We decided not to bother with taking off the other pedestal for now. For three months now, I go in the laundry room everyday (three loads per day average) and think how nice it would be to have them stacked. I was so close. I'm sure Home Depot or Lowes sells a dryer cord in the length that I need. I just didn't want to have to wait any longer. Patience not my strong point these days.
I have gone down a size in my clothes and my muffin top is officially gone. :-) Happy day!!
1 comment:
You will need to take a picture once it's done.
I miss my old laundry room so much! I've decided that most people who design houses must never actually do laundry.
Post a Comment