My sweet husband has been out of town for a few days. Every time he goes on a business trip he always keeps his eyes open for a See's chocolate store. He knows they are my favorite and there isn't one in town here. Well, he found one at the airport last night. He even remembered that dark chocolate is my favorite.
... HELLO!?!?! ... Diet????
He starts to get it out of the truck and immediately apologizes. He saw the candy store and knew I'd love it, bought it, and then remembered about the diet. Oops. I was going to put them on top of the fridge and not touch them for two months. Ya right. That didn't happen. Five minutes after I had that thought I ripped open the box and ate more than a few. In my utterly weak defense, I did let the kids have way more than I would have shared before the diet. I know - totally weak defense. But come on, not just dark chocolate, but See's dark chocolate. I'm not that strong.
2 comments:
Oh Sorry! I know what you mean! I'm convinced my sister is trying to sabotage all my diet efforts. She's always baking goodies and bringing them over, like the time she brought 6 cream puffs; which makes sense since we have 6 people in our family right? Wrong! I waited until the kids were in bed and then ate ALL 6!! If it's in the house, I will eat it!
well. i think that u are totally fine in indulging a bit...and dark chocolate is supposed to be good for you. and at least you husband thought of you,....mine really doesnt do stuff like that. i have to TELL him to bring the kids home something from his trips. and he stay may not listen. so yay for sweet husbands that think of you....even though it may not fit in perfectly with the diet. (AND you shared...i can't say i would have. even with the diet!)
Post a Comment