Monday, September 06, 2010

He's a traveling man

We are so blessed. In a time when so many people are losing their jobs, Chris has a job. He has a great job. He loves his job. He gets to do something he's really good at and enjoys doing. He also gets to take clients out to lunch. There's one tiny aspect of his job that I don't care for much. He has to travel from time to time. It's usually not very often. Lately it's been a lot. Very inconvenient for me with the move and all. He left this morning for Germany. (sigh) I wish I could've gone with him. That would have been so much fun. But, lots of reasons why I can't go, this time.

Calvin is doing a great job keeping up with his school work. He's a little overeager at times and submits his work before having it checked by me. His teachers are really nice about it and let him redo them.

Bradley has been playing football. He seems to be really enjoying it. He also seems to have inherited his athletic abilities from me. Poor kid. But what's important is that he is having fun.

Dana is really enjoying cheer leading. She's full of spirit.

Emma is really loving school. She loves everything about school. She's learning about rhyming words and her letters and numbers.

Derrick is bouncing around, knocking everything out of sync. His attention span only allows him to participate with about half of Emma's school work. But in that amount of time he catches almost as much as she does. He's a smart, bouncy disruption to our day. Lucky for him he's so darn cute. He has also been taking long naps every afternoon. Downright peaceful around here in the afternoon.

With Bradley and Dana both doing sports in the evenings and Calvin and Bradley in scouts, I find myself really juggling how to get the kids where they need to be. Every evening has something happening. There are so many things pulling me in different directions. I don't know how single parents do it. It's hard enough when Chris is in town and nearly impossible to make it everywhere when he's gone.

Well, Emma and Derrick need me to help them with an art project. Today is not a school day, but we have some art projects to get caught up on. Sounds like a good holiday activity to me.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Sorry he is gone so much, but I'm even more sorry that you didn't get to go with him. It will be great when you do! I'm glad school is going so well for you guys and that the kids are happily doing their own things. Hang in there, he will be back!

laurie said...

Oh the familiarity. It only gets worse. Hang in there!