Monday, January 05, 2009

Everybody was kung fu fighting...

So Saturday night Calvin comes into the office to show Chris and I his "high kicking kung fu." We were like ok - let's see it Calvin. So he proceeds to kick shoulder height repeatedly. After about a dozen kicks we ask to see him kick with the other leg - a dozen shoulder height kicks again. We were amazed. Prior to his surgery it was a monumental effort for him to kick three times in a row at about halfway between the knee and the ankle, and each kick would be lower than the previous one. Also it would be very difficult for him to balance himself while kicking. Not this time. It's so amazing to watch your son regain ability that doctors had told you would be lost for good. As soon as his 6 weeks are up (and our lives have settled a little) we plan on getting him started in Karate again.

7 comments:

Shelli said...

WHOO HOO!! I'll let you borrow some pans if you'll bring one back with cinnamon rolls in it :-)

Jake and Jenny said...

That is so great! We have been keeping you in our prayers and the kids always remind us if we forget!

Lulu said...

HOLY COW. I can hear the 'hallelujah' choir singing now...

Lulu said...

And in answer to your question on my blog, Lulu is a nickname from childhood. There were a couple of othe Julia's posting on the same blogs and I thought it would help clear some confusion.

Monique said...

That's awesome! Doctor's are very helpful but one thing they are not is GOD and He certainly is in full control! Doctor's said my daughter would be born a still born and she is now 4 and healthy! So glad I didn't get an amnio.

Loved your comment on my blog regarding looking like your sisters. You crack me up!

laurie said...

Awesome! Bout made me cry. Glad your holidays were good and sorry everything is so crazy for you right now, it'll get better!

Raenell said...

I just found out how to answer you.Sorry I'm a little slow. I love rereading this blog. It is so wonderful to hear of anwers from the Lord to prayers. The hard part is remembering that He always does, but on His time line. But most important He always does. I am looking forward to seeing that kick.