Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Potty training miracle
For about a month now, Derrick has been telling me that he needs to go potty. I've been ignoring it because I knew we were moving and it was just not a good time to potty train. And I thought he just wanted potty treats. I guess I was wrong. Last night he was really insistent that he needed to go potty and he had already stripped down so I figured what could it hurt to let him sit on the potty. I didn't expect anything to happen, but not five seconds after he sat down, he started to pee. Just a little. We had the cheering party for him and I thought he was done. But he said he wasn't done. I think he sat there for a full 10 minutes peeing a little bit every minute or so. He was truly mastering the skill. Then this morning he's playing and comes to me and starts stripping. I thought ok, he already peed in his diaper and wants to pee a little more in the toilet like last night. Nope, his diaper was dry. He recognized the need to go before it happened. So he goes pee just a little and said he was done. He got down and then just a minute later said he needed to go potty again. Ok, I get him sitting there and he's so happy. I left the room for a minute to check on something and while I was gone he said he was done, got down and flushed before I could get back in there to help him. Ok, whatever, he then said he needs a wipey. Ok, this is the real miracle, he had pooped in the toilet. It was so much work to get the other kids potty trained and then this blessed child figured it out on his own. I thought he would want to wear the big boy underwear I had bought a few months back in preparation for this glorious day. Nope, he wants to wear diapers. I figured with the move it couldn't get any better than that. He wants to use the potty, he knows how to use the potty, and he's happy in his diapers just in case.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That is so great!!! Congratulations!
You so deserve this one! I'm jealous.
That is so awesome! Especially with all that is going on right now. Way to go Derrick!
Congratulation! And thanks so much I truly enjoy evenings getting to share you and your family.
I love you all so much.
Grandma
Post a Comment