So Derrick has always thought he was old enough to just go for a walk. By himself. He went for a walk one day and I couldn't find him for half an hour. I finally found him about a 1/4 mile from the house. He was wearing a t-shirt, diaper and sandals. You're wondering what fool put the shoes on him? Not I. He's able to put his sandals on all by himself. A fact he's quite proud of by the way. The next day we installed a child lock on the one door that Derrick is able to unlock. We thought we were good. Chris put a chair by the door so that he'd be sure to install the lock high enough so that Derrick wouldn't be able to reach it using a chair. I awoke the next morning to the sound of the lock going whack whack whack as Derrick flipped it back and forth. He'd used the bar stool to be tall enough to reach it. He's a very resource, determined child. So not long after that little incident of Derrick escaping, we had a security system installed. I love it, it beeps and then tells me which door is opened anytime someone leaves or enters the house. All the kids yell out "Derrick!"

For all his determination however, Derrick is surprisingly obedient. Right now he's in the corner obediently waiting for me to explain why he's not allowed to open the fridge.
It took forever to find a picture of him, not because there aren't any pictures of him, but because they're all blurry because the child does not sit still.
1 comment:
He is SO stinkin cute, that kid. You do have your hands full with hm!
Post a Comment