Friday, February 13, 2009
Cough cough cough - oh look there's a lung
So we moved into our temporary house and it didn't take long and we were all sick. It turns out the lady who lived here last ran a daycare. I believe she left some germs behind. Derrick had to go to the ER with a temperature of 105 one night. He had an ear infection. I took all the kids to the pediatrician a couple days after that. He said they have RSV and that Emma had an ear infection on top of that. (She has tubes in her ear and shouldn't have gotten an ear infection - poor child.) So the older three have been home from school for probably three days now, maybe four. I lost count. Dana was so upset to be missing her Valentines day party. I had to drop off cookies for her class since I had signed up for them, and she had made her cards so I dropped them off as well. The boys could care less that they were missing their parties. They were happy that I had not given all the cookies I made to Dana's class. Chris has a sinus infection as well. And lest you think I got off easy, I was sick for two to three days myself. I always get over things faster than Chris and the kids. The doctor said that RSV lasts from one week to three weeks and since it's a virus, there's really nothing you can do about it. He recommended buying a big bottle of cough syrup. I asked the school when the kids could come back and they said that the nurse would call me. I'm really hoping they can go back as soon as their low fevers are gone. Don't know when the coughing will clear up. I've sprayed a lot of this house with Lysol and am wondering where I should attack next.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Just what you needed. Sorry to hear all the yuckiness. Coughing to me is right up there with puking. You just want them to stop! Hope you all feel better soon.
Funny you should mention coughing being as bad a puking. Try coughing until you puke. That's pretty much stopped now, but that was going on while I was feeling sick and Chris was sick. It was truly miserable!!
That sounds terrible!! I'm sorry! Did they clean the carpets before you moved in? Maybe the vents too? ugh.
Amy, I am so sorry to hear of all you have be going thru. I had a bad verius with cough also and it's not fun. Please check your email I will send you some info that was shared with me. Others have been trying it and feeling like it is really good. I feel it has been helping me in a couple of things.
Hang in there, you will be in my prayers.
I'm sorry you are all going through this. Being sick and having sick kids is no fun!
Hope you are all better soon! When everyone is healthy it is truly something to celebrate!
Oh man! Quite the post! I'm sorry to hear that. Hope you all get better super soon!
Post a Comment