So Dana missed her Valentines party and finally went back to school yesterday. She came home with all her Valentines party loot. It's almost as bad as Halloween. But that's for a different post. Dana has apparently made some friends at school. One boy in particular gave her a teddy bear. I didn't think we would encounter this type of thing in 2nd grade. I asked her who it was from and she said "I think his name is Bryan or maybe Ryan." And then I asked if he'd given one to anyone else? "No, only me." She smiled. And then she said, "I don't really know why he gave it to me." Such sweet innocence. (On a side note, the second or third day of school for Dana, she came home with a little toy that a boy had given to her. I asked if it was the same boy. It wasn't.) May she be blessed with awkwardness and or ugliness from the ages of 14-17. Nothing too severe, just enough to shield her from too much attention.
She also got invited to a Build a Bear birthday party. She's so excited! (And yes it's a party for a girl.)
3 comments:
Oh she is so cute! Looks like your kids are fitting right in!
Wow, go Dana. I knew she had nothing to worry about!
Thats darling! My little second grader made a "special" valentine for a boy in her class. I tried to do everything I could to talk her out of it but she wouldn't hear of it. She wrote a handwritten poem, "Roses are red...."
She came home today and told me, "you know how Michael was in love with me? Well now he's in love with my best friend."
Yes, lets hope for the akward stage to hit from 14-17!
Post a Comment