Thursday, February 19, 2009
Hooray for Calvin
So if any of you have seen Calvin's bike, you know it's not a real bike. With his muscle condition he was never able to ride a bike. His physical therapist was able to get us in contact with an amazing charity organization that provides bikes to disabled children. Calvin has really enjoyed his modified "bike" for the last two years. He would ride it all over the back porch and then after his surgery and he had more energy he would even ride it down to the mail box and back. Well, he's been doing so well since his surgery with his muscle strength and balance that we thought it was time to learn to ride a real bike. It took him like four tries and then he got it. He rode his bike back and forth across the yard. I think it's time to get him a larger bike. Since he wasn't ever able to ride a bike, his bike is rather old and not the right size for him. Three cheers for Calvin, my little bike rider - Hip Hip Hooray!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Yee haw Calvin! How exciting. Tell the kids hi for me will ya? Drives to school each day are pretty quiet these days!
That is seriously so great! I'd love to see some pictures of that boy and his bike. I am so happy for him!
Gee, is the climate that different in Sierra Vista or is time just going too fast. Big Bikes, Boys?
Sounds fun? I guess they are going to grow up like the rest of the grandchildren, too fast for me.
But there happy and thats great!
Wow, how exciting for both of you. I'm sure that just made his day, and yours. Glad to hear everyone is finally feeling better.
Post a Comment