Friday, February 20, 2009
Who do you bank with? And are you happy with them?
Ok, so Chris and I have accounts with a couple of different banks. We recently had a bank put a 31 day hold on a payment that was sent from one bank to another with electronic funds transfer. You know where the payment is considered immediate. Why would they put a hold on it? We don't know. We can't get a straight answer out of anyone. The people in the bank tell us one thing. The people on the phone tell us something different and then transfer us to a department that's closed. So we call back and then they tell us something completely different again and then - get this - they transfer us to collections. We have never been talked to like that before - so rude! We've never been late on a payment and we can't figure out why they would put a hold on the funds. We're about ready to go close all the accounts with them and start somewhere else. We've never had a bank treat us in such a horrible way. So again I ask, who do you bank with and are you happy with them? Either comment or send me an email.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
we use Desert Schools. I can't say they are fabulous, but we don't have any problems. They are in most Wal Marts now, that's nice. Good luck with that, I would be very unhappy as well.
We are also with Desert Schools and have been since we were married. We havent had any problems. Sorry, about the run around that is so frustrating!
Unfortunately, Desert Schools is not down here. There are two credit unions down here and I think we'll look at them too. We really like the idea of the national banks being everywhere. For years we banked with a small credit union but it was very inconvenient when we would travel - especially out of the country - not that we travel that much, but anyways.
We several accounts with Wells Fargo and have for 8 years. Can't say it's been perfect, but they always fix a problem!
I have banked with Chase for last three or so years. They have been very helpful. They have helped me with other companies and backed me up and guarantied my payments to others.
So Banks are getting very unstable.
Good luck.
soooo sorry to hear about your banking problems! not fun!! we had to deal with all types of that while living in virginia last summer, so i know exactly how you feel. ammon hates banks and would not put our money in ANY type of financial institution if he didn't have to. but for the reason that we need to, he will only use credit unions. we have accounts at 2 different cu's and have not had problems with ether one. good luck!!!
Hi Amy,
Being in the mortgage business I hear about people and their banks all the time- many people seem to like Wells Fargo. Personally, I belong to Desert Schools and would only go with a Credit Union. Since DSFCU is not down there I would go with one that is part of the CO-OP or shared branch network so you can handle matters from any other CU that belongs to the Network if you were traveling or up here as well. :) Hope all is well.
Post a Comment