Thursday, March 05, 2009

All Settled - well we found the silverware at least

So we've finally moved into the rental house we were waiting for and have things a little bit settled. I was really quite pleased with myself for remembering that the day after the move was Sunday and to set aside church clothes for everyone. What I forgot about was the Advil. Poor Chris was so sore. 

I think I have found most of my kitchen stuff. And amazingly most of it seems to fit in the kitchen. The playroom is a mess of boxes still. Emma keeps asking where her toys are. I keep telling her they're in a box and we'll find them soon. 

All the kids have really enjoyed the backyard. They play out there everyday. I have truly enjoyed the older three riding the bus. It's so nice not having to wake up Emma and Derrick from their naps to pick the kids up from school. Most days I do not leave the house at all except to work out at the church. I'm a little worried at some point they're going to ask me to stop coming to work out at the church because Derrick doesn't exactly abide by all the rules. But for now, we keep coming and getting a pretty good work out. 

Chris really loves his job. It's so nice to have him come home from work in a really good mood. Not that he came home from his last job in a bad mood, but driving for an hour and a half is just not very good for anybody's mood. We are loving his super short "commute". 

Cute thing Emma said today ... "I wanna watch messy street." I was like huh? But then realized that Sesame Street was just starting to come on PBS. 

4 comments:

Shelli said...

Messy Street...sweepin' the clouds away.. It works for me!

laurie said...

That's cute. So glad you guys are doing well. It takes so long to feel settled. Seriously, not waking kids up from naps is dreamy. Hope all continues to go well.

Lulu said...

I LOVE your background. Glad you guys are settling in!

Jake and Jenny said...

I am glad you are getting adjusted! It is so nice that Chris has such a short drive, that does make a big difference!