We seriously had an awesome weekend. We drove down Friday night. Of course we got off to a late start and weren't going to make it to the Claytons until about 10:30ish. And then an hour into our three and a half hour drive we realize we left some critical articles of clothing at home. So we called the Claytons, letting them know what time we would be getting there and asking if we could use their washer and dryer while they slept since we were coming in so late. Thank you Tammy and John for that major accommodation.
Saturday morning before we went to Chris' sister's wedding, we realized that I forgot to pack Chris' black sock and his tie. We decided to buy socks on the way but you can't find the extra long ties for Chris just anywhere and we didn't have that kind of time, so we borrowed a tie from John - thank you again! On the way to the temple we decided that we didn't have time to stop and buy socks either so we made Calvin do the Michael Jackson thing and switched socks with Chris. (You should've seen Chris dancing around the guest house doing his Michael Jackson dance. It was hot!) We had made arrangements with his other sister to have her older children watch our children outside of the temple during the wedding. It's so nice that their cousins are so responsible and willing to help. Our children really enjoy spending time with them. We got to the temple before most of the rest of the wedding party and were waiting and waiting and waiting for the babysitters to arrive. Finally Chris went inside and I stayed outside with the kids. As I'm out there waiting, another family that's taking pictures on their special day actually offered to watch the kids for me. If there's anyplace that I would consider letting strangers watch the kids, it would be the temple. But no. A few minutes before the sealing was supposed to start, hallelujah, the babysitters arrived. As we're rushing into the temple, Chris's sister whispered to me that she had six kids on restriction (all of her kids). She felt bad that they were so late, but it really didn't matter. I was just glad to be able to go to the sealing. The sealing was beautiful. It's always so neat how they talk about it and every timeyou go you hear something different. We are so happy for Elaine and Lloyd and wish them the best!
After the sealing we went to the church for the luncheon. We were originally told it would start at 1:00, but as we're leaving the temple, we were told it would be starting at 12:00 which barely gave us time to drive to the church. So we get to the church and there's no bride and groom. I guess whoever decided to change the time of the luncheon forgot to tell them.
After the luncheon we went to another one of Chris' sister's house to relax before the reception. It was really nice, and gave me the time I needed to make the necklaces for Elaine and her daughters. I felt kind of bad not helping to decorate for the reception, but honestly Chris needed a nap so bad after driving in so late the night before and the kids are not quite ready to watch themselves.
The reception was really nice. Elaine looked so happy. She seriously looked at least 10 years younger. It's amazing what a little happiness and joy will do for you. Elaine so deserves to be happy. She's been through a lot these last few years. They have stolen more than their fair share of years from her. It was like it was all erased the other night. We're so happy to welcome Lloyd into the family. Chris and I both commented on the way back to the Claytons that night about how happy we were for Elaine and Lloyd.
So on the way back to the Claytons, we realized that we had worn our only church clothes all day and were supposed to wear them the next morning to 8:00 church. Oops. So we called the Claytons, and apologized for calling so late, and asked if we could again use the washer and dryer while they slept. I decided to risk it and washed the black socks and white shirts together rather than staying up to wash two loads. Lucky for me, it worked out great.
So we went to our old ward. It was really nice to see all our old friends. Heather gave a great talk. I'll remember the story about the lizard for a long time. After church we had a potluck at the Claytons, which was so much fun! The weather was great and the company was fabulous! My diet was so not followed. Oh well, not too much damage was done and it was worth every yummy bite.
5 comments:
I'm glad you had such a great weekend. It was really nice having you stay here. You know you are always welcome. Oh, and I'm sure Chris could have borrowed a pair of black socks as well!
It was good to see you!
I am glad you had a good weekend, it was fun to see you!
Sounds like I missed you. We were in NY. Fun times :)
Busy! Weddings are so wonderful but crazy! It sounds like fun times!
Post a Comment