Monday, March 23, 2009

Kids can be so cruel

So I was playing cards with the three oldest kids tonight after the two little ones went to bed. Calvin asked me what gay meant. I asked him why he was asking me that and he said some boys at school had asked him if he was. (sigh) I told him it was not a nice thing for them to ask him. I then start asking him questions about these boys. It turns out that there's about four or five boys picking on Calvin. One of them is definitely the ring leader. He also sits next to Calvin on the bus - assigned seats. We knew that this particular boy was not nice to Calvin but we had no idea how bad it had gotten. It turns out this boy is also threatening to hurt Calvin and saying crude things to him, you know not using any bad words, but normal words with clearly crude meanings. Calvin wasn't trying to hide this information from us. It was just a matter of us knowing to ask the right questions. Calvin didn't seem to know he needed to tell us this sort of thing was going on. So, I'm headed to the school tomorrow to talk to teacher/principle. I'll bring a list of the boys and what they've said to Calvin. This will not continue. I'll be talking to the bus driver as well. I'm really tempted to meet the kids at the bus after school and follow this bully home and talk to his mother and tell her exactly what her child said to mine. I'm sure he'd deny it but since he's saying such terrible things I have to believe that his mother already knows he's no angel from other behaviors. Nice boys do not say such things to other people. I'll let you know how it all works out. 

1 comment:

Jake and Jenny said...

That is so wrong! Way to go with doing all you can to stop it!