Monday, March 09, 2009

Great weekend!

Chris' niece came home from her mission last week. So we came up to hear her speak in church. She gave a great talk and inspired us all to find missionary opportunities. It was lots of fun to see all the family again. 

We stayed with the Claytons in Queen Creek and had so much fun hanging out with them on Saturday. Chris and John took the older kids to see the air show in Casa Grande. They had lots of fun and got to see lots of planes. We were all surprised to hear just how much Calvin knows about planes. When asked where he learned it, he read it in a book. He is so my child. Tammy and I hung out with the little ones at the house. Derrick took a great nap and Emma played so happy and then said she was tired and laid down on the couch for a nap herself. Tammy and I had tons of fun! Then that evening we had babysitters and we went out for dinner. YUM! We went to this little Greek restaurant in Johnson Ranch. Wow, it was really good! I totally cheated on my diet and then since I'd already eaten the pita bread (yum) and the french fries (yum yum) we decided to shoot the moon and we picked up cookie dough ice cream (yum yum  yum) at walmart on the way home. We needed cash for the babysitters so we had to stop at walmart. Anyways, we had a great time staying in the Clayton's guest house - thank you so much!!! We're really looking forward to coming up again this weekend for the wedding.

Being that I just mentioned my diet, I have to shout out my joy - 25 lbs of joy!! And I feel really great - lots of energy and all that!!

1 comment:

laurie said...

Wow Amy, that's great! You need a cheat every now and again. Your post about Bradly cracked me up. If only parenting was as easy as making breakfast...lol. Poor guy. Poor mom!