Thursday, April 23, 2009

Mayo anyone?

So lately Chris and I have been thinking that we just don't have all the answers we need for Calvin yet. We feel that his current doctors have done all that they can and that it's time for us to look elsewhere. I've been doing some research on the internet and it appears that Mayo Clinic is the place to go when you have Myasthenia. So I called them and the one in Scottsdale will not see anyone under the age of 18. But, the one in Rochester, Minnesota will. So I called up there and I must not have explained my situation correctly to the lady on the phone because she transferred me to someone who transferred me to someone who was like um, I need to transfer you. I finally talked to the right department and they asked me for letters from his current doctors summarizing Calvin's medical history. I wonder just how long those summary letters are going to be. Calvin has a rather extensive medical history. Anyways, as soon as they get those letters, they will call me to set up the appointments. They said I could expect to be in Minnesota 3-7 days and that they try to complete all the testing in one trip so that we don't have to travel back and forth. It is done outpatient so we will need to get a hotel. I feel like finally we'll have some answers. Does anyone want to watch the rest of my children while I'm gone?

2 comments:

uniquelynat said...

good luck with all of that crazyness- and with finding someone to watch your kids! hopefully you can get some satisfactory answers.

Tammy said...

I'm so glad that you will be able to do that. I sure hope you get some decent answers.