Sunday, January 11, 2009

12 years with my best friend

So 12 years and three months ago, Chris and I met at a party at my apartment. He left early and went to another party. Which was a shame because after he left, the party really got going. Anyway, we ran into each other at church the following Sunday and really started talking. Ok, we ditched Sunday school and talked the whole hour (but isn't that the whole point of those university wards?) We saw each other the following night for FHE and when his ride left him, I gave him a ride home. We talked through the night. Since this is the abridged version - exactly two weeks after we met, we got engaged. Three months later we got married. And that was the beginning of the best time of my life. We truly are best friends. As the years have gone by, we have only gotten closer. We are each other's other half. I spend so much time just thinking about him and how happy I am when we're together. Chris, you are the love of my life!!!

6 comments:

Lulu said...

How sweet was THAT? We see you guys so often sometimes it's nice to hear a little bit of the personal thoughts you have for one another... Happy Anniversary!

Monique said...

Super sweet post! Happy Anniversary you guys! Hope you day is fantastic!

Jake and Jenny said...

Happy Anniversary! Singles wards are the best, love that you ditched Sunday School to spend time together, that is so cute!

laurie said...

That is so sweet!! I love hearing how people met and got together. I hope you are settled and together soon!

The {Prince} Family said...

12 years.... you go girl! I have been with my man for 12 years too, just not married the whole time :)

I just found your blog through Heather's. Fun! It is always fun checking in on old friends. I read a few of your posts and saw that your little guy had surgery. How scary but I am glad he is doing okay! I liked the whole kung-fu post.

I just added you to my sidebar. Email me at princeposse@gmail.com so I can invite you to my blog too {my blog is private}

Sandee (Payne) Prince

FYI- I miss your parents on Fairview. It isn't the same!!!

gena said...

That is awesome! We will miss you guys!!