Saturday, February 14, 2009

Our romantic Valentines Day...Not

We've listened to the children cough now for a week and a half. I think we've finally discovered the magical combination of OTC medication to quiet it for the night. My sweet hubby is out right now replenishing our supply lest we have an ox in the mire. None of the kids are well enough to go to church. This will be our second week in a row to miss church. But I think that's definitely better than going to church and getting everyone in the ward sick. Not the best way to make friends in a new ward. 

Chris was so sweet and let me sleep in today. He bought me some tulips, a book that I've been wanting, and some really good cookies in case I wanted to cheat on my diet. (I did not cheat, by the way, but I did appreciate him buying the one with nuts in it because I'm the only one who likes them.) He took the minivan in for the oil change it needed and even took it to the car wash. I think the car wash people had never seen anything so encrusted. The van looks amazing. I also washed the car seat covers. Of course I only did that because Derrick puked on one of them. And wouldn't you know it, not 10 minutes after I got them back together in the newly washed minivan, he puked on it again. Nevermind the puking part, it may not be your idea of a great Valentines day, but Chris rocks my world. I'm happy just sitting on the couch with him doing nothing. The flowers and book and thoughtful cookies are just icing on the cake.

On a side note, I found some cute pictures of some of the kids on Chris iphone. Enjoy.

4 comments:

Tammy said...

Cute pictures! I'm glad you got to spend time with your Valentine today. Sorry about the puke. I hate it when that happens! I'm seriously impressed that you did not cheat on your diet. You are doing so well. Keep up the good work!

laurie said...

Other than the puke it's sounds like a great Valentine's day. Nothing is better than an actual action that came from an actual thought!

Some Kind of Crazy said...

That is so sweet of Chris! I'm glad your family is finally getting some rest! I would have LOVED to have had my van cleaned--sounds like a great Valentine's Day!

Unknown said...

All of the pics are great! So what is that secret combination? Brisa, my 3 yr old has that cold and cough. Thanks for the tip!