When I reserved the room, I requested a wheel chair for Calvin because I wasn't sure how much walking we would need to do. Last night when we checked in, they gave it to us. It's enormous! You could easily fit two of Calvin on it. It's so wide it barely fits into the room or elevator. All day today I kept thinking that we really were not walking all that far and that Calvin would be fine. So for dinner we walked to the mall which is just around the corner of the hotel. Apparently that was too much for Calvin. We had to stop and sit down to rest three times on the way back - and it really was not far. It's so hard to tell when he's milking it and when he really needs to rest. I don't know how much I should push him. Before going to dinner I was ready to leave the wheel chair behind at the hotel the rest of the time we were here. But after dinner, I'm not so sure.
3 comments:
I wonder if they have a smaller wheelchair? It seems like they would.
So what are you going to do tomorrow with an open day?
I will be thinking about you and Calvin!
Where in MN are you? Dave lives in Ramsey. My parents fly out Thursday to visit him.
I hope your little guy is okay. Keep us posted!!!
I haven't been keeping up on blogs lately, what an ordeal you have both been through. Totally worth it?
Post a Comment