Ok so today Calvin had the EMG test done. They do it under sedation here so Calvin was pretty loopy for most of the day. They gave him medicines during the EMG to test his response to them. Finally we have evidence that the medicine is doing something - or not. They gave him the medication that is similar to the one he takes now and big surprise - no response. Then they tried a medicine he's never taken before and he had a response to it. In fact he's been stronger all day. In order to start this new medication he has to have an EEG done. Of course since that wasn't already scheduled he isn't scheduled until the 17th. But they told me to keep stopping by the office and see if they have any openings/cancellations and maybe they can squeeze me in. The doctor also said that I can have the EEG done in AZ and have the results sent to him and then he'll write the Rx for the new med.
Now about the new med, he said that I can pretty much only get it from the Mayo Clinic pharmacy. They will do it through a mail order system. I don't know how much it costs or if insurance will be covering it. I'm just so excited at the prospect of a medication working for Calvin.
More appointments tomorrow, hopefully the EEG on Friday and then coming home Saturday.
No comments:
Post a Comment