Thursday, July 30, 2009

So tired...

I'm really quite tired. Chris has been out of town since Sunday. I don't sleep well without him. I just can't hardly bring myself to go to bed alone. I look at it this way. I go to bed on time and I lay there for about 30 minutes feeling lonely waiting for myself to fall asleep, or I stay up really late being entertained by a movie or a good book and then when I'm exhausted I fall asleep quickly. Hmm, lonely -vs- entertainment. Not really a tough choice. The only problem with that is the little ones missed the memo about me sleeping in. I figure with me going to bed late and Derrick getting up early, I'm averaging about 5 hours of sleep a night. When I was in college that would have been a lot of sleep. Not so much anymore. My eyes are dry and scratchy and I find myself unable to focus. I'm so glad Chris will be home tomorrow night. Clearly I don't function well without him.

1 comment:

Erin A said...

I'm exactly the same way! When he is gone I stay up until I can't keep my eyes open another second. It never works well the next morning either.