I asked Bradley to move the laundry over to the dryer for me. And he was being sweet and started another load without me asking him to. I went to move that load over a little later on and noticed just how fresh it smelled. There was a little downy spilled on the top of the dryer as well and so I figured he'd filled the downy ball all the way. When I asked him about it he said he filled it to the "large load line" and so I thought he'd measured it in the lid and then put it in the downy ball. I asked him if that's what he did and he said "it's complicated." I didn't make him explain. Just thanked him for doing the laundry and what a nice fresh smell that load has.
So since this temp house is outside the school boundaries, there is no bus for the kids. I have to drive them to school and pick them up. They get out of class at 3:10 and if I'm not there to pick them up by 3:20 they're already waiting in the office. Those of you with children at Ben Franklin Power Rd campus know what a change this is for me. Pick up there would take about 45 minutes. (You get there 20 minutes early to get your place in line and then wait about 20 minutes to get out of the parking lot.) So I was late picking the kids up one day. I didn't realize they went to the office so quickly. The very next day I get to the school and I look at my watch and it's 3:05 but strangely there is no one in the parking lot and the crossing guard is gone. The office called me right then wondering when I would be coming to pick up the kids. It's actually 3:25 but my watch says it's 3:05. I'm thinking my battery was dying or something. Nope, Emma and Derrick figured out how to play with the dial on my watch that sets the time. I caught them doing it the very next morning. So I was late two days in a row picking up the kids. Not a good start at the new school. I'm so looking forward to the kids being able to ride the bus next week. Wahoo!!
6 comments:
Still laughing about the moonwalk, totally love when ANY part of laundry is helped with and so jealous that you can pick your kids up 10 minutes!!
I should have known your kids and their imaginations would actually be talking about walking on the moon!
Just a sidenote, I sure miss calvin and our morning convos! I will never forget when he told me he is going to have his own element: Calvanium. Love that kid.
That is funny about the fresh smelling load and that it's complicated! At least it was'nt the other way around and they smelled good!
I love the stories! There is not too many other things that gets my blood boiling more than carpool line! I think if all the husbands had to pick up kids everyday they would revolt and there would be buses from then on!
Funny! I like the moon walk, and when my kids say it is complicated I get scared. Good luck with school, moving etc.
Post a Comment