Monday, June 15, 2009

New Chore System

Yes, we have yet another new "system" for chores. We'll see how long this one lasts. There's a website that a friend emailed me that we're using. It's set up so that the parent can log in and assign the kids chores. Each chore has a corresponding point value - fully customizable by the way. The parent also sets up rewards with corresponding point values. The children log in and select the chores they've done and accumulate points and then get to go to the "store" and redeem their points for the rewards the parents have set up. It's awesome. The kids have been really excited about helping out around the house. Dana "purchased" a family game night a couple nights ago. We played clue. It was so much fun. Chris was really good at it and had all but one thing figured out. All I had to do was pay attention to what he seemed to know and I won. We all had a great time. Emma and Derrick played with toys at the table during the game and everyone had fun!! Calvin keeps "buying" extra computer or video game time. I did put Disneyland and getting a puppy on the rewards list - but the cost of those is really high. They would have to save for a very long time before they could get those. I hope I set the cost high enough and that they don't notice if I have to add an extra zero at some point.

1 comment:

Erin A said...

That is so funny! For my kids to get a puppy it would have to be somewhere in the millions!