Friday, June 19, 2009

New Office

When we moved into this house, we set aside one of the bedrooms to be Chris' office. With Chris' new job, he gets to work from home sometimes. This meant he needed the office to be a place where he could actually work. Previously the office has been more of a household office. A place where I keep the household files (and those items waiting to be filed in piles). A place where the kids play their computer games (and seem to manage to accumulate toys). And sometimes, a place where Chris was actually able to be on the computer. But he would usually prefer to use his laptop out on the couch. So, no, the office was never really his before now. Yesterday we spent the afternoon separating the household office from Chris' office. His office really looks great. Before it was rather cluttered. It had the futon in there and was used as the guest bedroom, which was really crowded for the guests. By re-arranging the furniture in there and moving the filing cabinet out, now there's actually room to walk around the futon when it's folded out. Nice. I now have a "desk," computer, shredder, and filing cabinet in the bedroom. I really don't mind being kicked out of the office - it's for such a good cause. I really like having Chris home working even though he's actually working and can't like watch the kids for me. Just having him here is so nice. I really like to make him lunch and bring it in to him. I know, I know so 1950's serving wife of me. But I love it.

Pictures coming - really I swear. Just waiting on my computer technical support to fix the memory card reader.

1 comment:

Erin A said...

I've taken "before" pictures of our office waiting for the time when I can clean it all up and then post "after" pictures to show the dramatic change. But it hasn't happened yet and our office is one big black hole squished into the same room as the bowflex and exercise bike, ebay autions waiting to get posted, primary clutter, etc.

Congratulations on your *new* office!