Thursday, July 16, 2009
It's been so nice to be home after our trip. My nieces who helped watch the kids while I was gone have stayed for another week. It's been so nice having a couple of teenagers to help me. I took all the kids to my parents' house on Monday. Dad got his halo off a couple weeks ago and just has a neck brace now. He's able to do lots more than he could before. He still does more than he is supposed to do, but he seems to know his own limits. We hope. Then after that I took the kids to the Cove. The Cove is the indoor wave pool here in town. I never go without Chris because Emma and Derrick need one on one watching. But with the teenagers, I was able to go while Chris was at work. Everyone had a great time. Then Tuesday night, Dana and I drove to my mom's house. The rest of the kids stayed home with Allison and Shannon, the teenagers. Dana and I spent the night there and helped weed the garden in the morning. Then we took a recliner to my sister in Queen Creek and then drove home. Made for a very long day of driving. But it was nice to be able to help my parents in the garden and not have to worry about Derrick running out the front door. It was also nice to spend a couple hours with one of my sisters who I don't see very often. Then as if the day wasn't long enough already we decided to go see the new Harry Potter movie. Loved it. So tired this morning though since we didn't get home until about 1:30 A.M. The little ones missed the memo about sleeping in too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I would be exhausted! Yeah, my youngest always misses the memo about sleeping in too. How wonderful to have 2 such awesome nieces.
Isn't it about a 2 1/2 hour drive to your parents house??!!
It's two hours to my parents, two and a half from my parents to my sister's, and three and a half from my sister's to my house. Yeah, I was exhausted.
next time stop by fairview! :)
good to hear your dad got his halo off. that sounds like it would be so uncomforable. looks like we both have dads on their back for awhile. PLEASE tell your dad hi for me. I LOVE that guy!!!
Post a Comment