The new laundry system has been quite nice. I let the kids take a break from it yesterday. There wasn't any clothes for them to fold anyway. So yesterday they did dishes and vacuumed for me. Did they do a good job? Well, that's debatable. But they aren't complaining so much about chores anymore. I think making them do what they considered the most miserable chore available has changed their attitude towards chores. Maybe a little anyways.
Calvin had his therapy appointment yesterday. At his last appointment the therapist had measured his legs and said that one leg was a full inch shorter than the other one. I called his orthotic specialist and she said she could make him a device that would compensate for that and that he should be followed by an orthopedic doctor during his growth spurt over the next few years. They do have ways of correcting a leg that isn't growing enough, but it's not pretty or comfortable. I would've taken him to his orthotic specialist to confirm the measurement but she's in Phoenix and there really aren't any pediatric ones anywhere closer. I measured Calvin and his legs measured the same for me. So at this appointment yesterday, I asked the therapist to remeasure just to be sure before I involved yet another specialist in Calvin's life. His legs are the same. He was wearing thick jeans that made it hard to measure at his first appointment. All that worry for nothing. But such is life with Calvin. I'm just glad his legs are growing right. You're probably wondering why one leg would be shorter than the other, what would cause that? He had a broken leg as a baby and it had broken near the growth plate. So it is a possibility that it would show up as a problem now during his teenage years. We'll hope for the best. He's certainly been through enough already.
And I do have some pictures I've been wanting to post but I can't find the device that allows the computer to read my camera memory card. It got lost in the move. I've looked everywhere and it's just not here. Which is really odd because we had two of them. I suppose I could just order a new one, it's not like they're expensive at all. Just inconvenient.
No comments:
Post a Comment