Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Our Contribution to the State Budget Deficit

So about a month and a half ago, Chris' sister got married. We thought we were late getting to the temple and were hurrying along on the freeway. Chris thought he saw a flash, I thought I saw a sunlight reflection glare. We both thought that those cameras could only get you if you were in the outside lane. Apparently that's not the case. The ticket came in the mail with a lovely picture of Chris. There was no denying who that was. There was no option to go to traffic school and it doesn't put any points on your record either. They just want money. So we paid our speed privilege tax and called it our contribution to the state budget deficit. I hope the money at least goes to some essential public service - you know police, fire, streets, education. But it'll probably buy some department director new equipment that he doesn't need simply because they need to use up what's left of their budgeted money from last year or some other such nonsense. 

And guess what, we were early to the temple.

2 comments:

Jake and Jenny said...

We have gotten lucky with those cameras but that is such a bummer! It is good that it doesnt stay on your record though.

Some Kind of Crazy said...

Aghh! So sorry! I hate those things! I had to go to north Phx a few weeks ago and counted over 8 cameras one way. The sneakiest ones are the roaming vans.