Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

We had such a nice weekend. We woke up really late on Saturday and headed out to see Chris' mom in Peoria. Wow, that was a long drive. But it was really nice to spend a few hours with Raenell. We got to go swimming and whoa, the water was just a little on the chilly side for me. I'm such a baby when it comes to cold water. We then ordered take out from Black Angus for dinner. The adult meals were yummy yummy!!! The kids meals however were ridiculously spicy. I mean really, the potato chips in the kids meals had fire sprinkled all over them. The people who plan the menus must not have children. Give me a break. We should've ordered them all side dishes of macaroni and cheese. Oh well. 

I've decided I like having no movies in the van. The minivan had a DVD player in it which was really nice. But without the kids fall asleep. That's even nicer. They all fell asleep on the way home. We got in really late which is a total bummer because we have early church. No breakfast in bed but Chris got all the kids ready for church and we were almost on time. We got there in time to listen to the talks - yes it's been rough getting to church at 8:00 for us. We know how to get four children ready for church on time. However, we have five children. After church Chris made lunch (yum!!) and then we headed up to Pima to see my mom. Dad is getting around so well. He's got a cane but he doesn't hardly even need it. We had a really nice visit with my parents and then headed home before it got to be too late. 

It was a great Mother's Day! The kids all made me cards and I didn't have to change a single diaper or cook anything all day. Doesn't get much better than that!!

4 comments:

uniquelynat said...

ammon took dan up to visit doug the other day. i would have loved a picture of the two of them gimping around! just to think of it makes me laugh!! :o)

i'm glad you had a nice mother's day and that your dad is doing so well. dan got all his tubes removed on saturday and he's on the mend as well.

Tammy said...

I'm so glad that you had a great Mother's Day Weekend. I'm also glad to hear that your Dad is doing so well. I'm not so happy to hear about it being hard to get 5 kids to church on time when you were able to do it with 4. I'm a little nervous about trying to do it here in a few weeks with 5!

Unknown said...

Tammy - I never said I could get four children to church on time when I only had four children. We've always been one child behind on getting ready for church on time. You'll be fine getting to church on time. No worries!!

Erin A said...

I know most people *hate* the afternoon church time like we have now, but I prefer it infinitely more to 8:00! I do love the occasionaly nap after 8:00 church but I'd always prefer to sleep in!