Friday, May 01, 2009

Red Soda

It's everywhere. It's all over the counter, down the front of the cabinet, on the floor, inside the cabinet, on my stacks of (previously clean) baking pans. It's even inside the motor of my hand mixer (which is a nice one I picked out for myself for Christmas.) 

You ask, why was the two year old unsupervised around the red soda? Good question. I was doing some much needed computer work and he was supposed to be watching TV. 

Maybe you ask, why do you even have red soda, I thought you didn't buy that crap? Good question. I don't buy that crap. 

Maybe you ask, why did you let your husband buy that crap? Good question. He needed the two liter bottles for his water rocket launcher for fathers and sons trip this weekend. I was at the store yesterday and thought about buying the two litter bottles he needed and then dumping out the poison inside. I should have done that. Next time I will. On his way home from work, Chris called and asked if we had the bottles. We didn't. So he stopped and bought some poison. He came home with it and I asked him why he didn't go ahead and spend a little bit more money (come one it's only a few more pennies) and get the stuff that at least tasted good or was at least diet poison. No he got the crap laden with artificial red dye that will not come out of the tile grout. (Ok that's an exaggeration, but still.) 

I dumped the rest of that bottle down the drain. Quick poll, should I dump the rest of the poison down the drain too? It's not like the kids are sugar deprived. Soda is like instant fat on the hips for Chris and I. I'd be doing the family a favor to dump that cancer causing artificial colors and high fructose corn syrup down the drain. Are you with me?

2 comments:

laurie said...

Hmmmmm, I would dump it but only because it's red soda. I happen to love that diet poison! On the other hand. My kids would LOVE me if for dinner I pulled out a big bottle of red soda. All things in moderation, right? A little poison never killed anyone - HAHAHA!!

Some Kind of Crazy said...

Definitely dump it! Murphy's law says that if you don't, it will end up on the carpet and couches next. Just think of it like this, you bought it for the bottle not the poison inside!