Wednesday, May 06, 2009

I didn't know we bought a BUS

So we got our license plates yesterday. The one for Chris' truck and my van both came in the mail on the same day. I opened mine and it's a commercial plate. Chris and I are a little confused. We figured the dealership must've messed up the registration on it. So I called the MVD today. I was on hold for 15 minutes when my cell phone dropped the call. Very frustrating. I called back on the land line and surprisingly there was no hold. I don't know how that happened. Anyways, I was transferred to the special plates division. She put me on hold while she asked around and came back and told me that it was because of the weight of the vehicle, it required a commercial registration. I told her my sister's 12 passenger van didn't have one. And then she fessed up that she didn't really know, but someone who used to work in that department had told her that. She said I would have to go in and ask them in person. My last experience at the MVD was less than pleasant, so I was not looking forward to taking Emma and Derrick with me. But, being a small town, I was in and out in less than a minute - literally. I asked the guy at the front desk about it, he looked at the plate and my registration and title and told me that because the vehicle was listed as a bus and was 8000 lbs, it required a commercial plate. Ok then, I drive a bus. I still love it.

2 comments:

laurie said...

Mine is just a regular registration, weird.

Some Kind of Crazy said...

Huh. Do you need some sort of special commercial license too? Did the registration cost more because of that?

You should paint it yellow! I'm sure Derrick especially would love it. Everytime we see a bus my boy yells, "BUS!" as if he's just been to Disneyland.