Wednesday, May 20, 2009

As I'm writing this, it's about 65 degrees outside. So beautiful!! I can't believe it's late May and all the windows are open. It's supposed to rain today, tomorrow and Friday too.  So as I mentioned the windows are all open with this lovely weather. It's making me feel very claustrophobic living in a subdivision. Emma had a complete melt down this morning screaming at the top of her lungs. I'm sure they could hear it three streets down. What I'm also sure they could hear was me telling her "firmly" that I was not going to listen to it anymore and she had to stay in her bed. What's weird is that I don't hear anybody else in the neighborhood. I know people can hear us because when I was outside last night, I could hear everything going on in the house. Our family is just very noisy. I so miss having an acre and not being worried about what the neighbors must be thinking of this woman and her screaming children. I miss my chickens too.

I think we're about done with being sick around here. Hopefully we'll be over this garbage that's been going around by Memorial day. 

Calvin and Bradley both stayed home sick today. I'm a little suspicious that one of them pulled a fast one on me. Oh well, it's not like they're really missing that much. Tomorrow is the last day of school and I have a feeling they'll both make it to that.

I've had this headache for over a week now. It's not a bad headache and it kind of comes and goes. It doesn't respond to medicine at all. I'm afraid to say it out loud, but I think it might be gone. It rained last night and I'm thinking that maybe there was something in the air that was bothering me. There were a lot of wildfires out here recently. Maybe that's what was causing it. It was really bad during Calvin's 5th grade graduation. One of the teachers who knows me even came by and asked if I was ok. I must have really been sending out the "I don't want to be here" vibe. Truth be told, I didn't want to be there. It wouldn't have been so bad if my sisters lived closer. I could have asked one of them to watch my kids and I could've gone by myself. As it was, I had Emma and Derrick with me. Of course Emma was an angel. No problems with her. Derrick, however, was less than angelic. He wanted up. He wanted down. He wanted to sit in the stroller. He wanted to sit on my lap. Mostly though, he wanted to run around. Of course I couldn't let him do that, so I held him most of the time. And he squirmed most of the time. My shirt was totally stretched out in weird places by the time we went home. At one point, my friend's son was running around and was making noise behind me. There was an older woman in the audience that kept looking back at me scowling. I thought she was giving me dirty looks for this little boy who was making so much noise and wasn't even mine. No. She was the little boy's grandma and was giving him dirty looks. Kinda funny.

2 comments:

Erin A said...

That is funny that you thought she was giving you dirty looks. Made me laugh.

Sorry about the headaches. My mom usually seems to get them a day or so before the weather changes. I'm glad its gone...knock on wood.

Today in celebration for the last day of school we were going to go to a pool and spend the day swimming. Now with the rain it looks like we may be baking chocolate chip cookies or something. Oh well, I won't complain about the break in the heat!

The {Prince} Family said...

yes the weather is wonderful! I can't wait for it to rain all day tomorrow. Too funny about the dirty looks.

If you ever need a sitter, drop them off at my house. Your kids would love Fairview... just like we did :)