Monday, May 11, 2009

Dreams - Beware sappy love post ahead...

I had an odd dream last night. It wasn't bad, nor was it great. Just odd. It was about those single years. Ya know the dating years right at the end of high school and into college. It wasn't about any specific person, in fact it didn't have anybody that I knew in it. Full of "familiar" strangers if that makes sense, where I knew them in my dream but they weren't anybody that I actually know. It was one of those dreams that just felt very real. Those single years are chocked full of insecure feelings. Does so and so like me? Did I say the right thing hanging out with them? Will he ask me out? Why does so and so keep asking me out? That's how this dream was. And then, I woke up and saw Chris next to me. I had this overwhelming "being married is great" feeling. Don't get me wrong, I had tons of fun in college and high school - mostly college. I hung out with really great people who I remember fondly. But being married is so wonderful!! I get to spend the rest of my forever with my best friend. I truly believe that other people are not as happy as Chris and I. After 12 and a half years of marriage I still get fluttery feelings being around him. He makes me so happy! 

2 comments:

Tammy said...

That is so cool. I love the relationship that the two of you have. Amazing! Married life is great!

uniquelynat said...

hehe i had a dream the other night that the guy- who i KNEW was Ammon- was actually alan alda. you know it's a different face but in your dream you know it's your husband. ever had that? i do all the time.

(if you don't know who alan alda, is he's the main guy on mash)